Learn how to make Dal Vada/ Wada recipe at home.
Today I am going to share Monsoon special recipe – Dal Vada.
Dal Vada – A Popular Indian Snack and Street food are quite famous in the southern part of India. These vada’s are packed with full of flavor, fried to crispy and crunchy. Absolutely taste amazing !
It is generally made for snacks or breakfast as a side dish to Idli or Dosa, you can also be made for a house party.
Do read the blog to know more about it! Don’t forget to Like, Share, Comment and Follow for instant updates.
Preparation Time: 15 mins
Cook Time: 20 mins
Serve: 10 Vada’s
- 1 cup Split Chickpeas, (soaked)
- 1 Onion, (chopped)
- 1inch Ginger, (chopped)
- 2-3 Green Chillies, (chopped)
- 7-8 Curry Leaves
- 10-12 Black Pepper
- Coriander leaves
- 1 tsp Cumin seeds(optional)
- Salt to Taste
Method of Preparation:
- Rinse and soak Split Chickpeas (Chana dal) for 2-3 hours.
- Drain off the water completely .Transfer the Chickpeas to a blender.
- Add Ginger, Black Pepper and Cumin seeds
- Blend to a coarse paste without adding any water.
- Transfer the coarsely ground paste to large mixing bowl.
- Add Onions, Green chillies, Curry leaves, Coriander Leaves and Salt.
- Use your hands or a spoon to mix everything well or Mix until all ingredients are combined.
- Now grease your palm with some Oil and shape small portion of mixture into a ball. Then, gently flatten the ball into a vada. Use your fingers to smoothen the edges of the vada.
- Repeat the process with the rest of the mixture.
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Add Dal Vada to the hot oil. Deep fry dal vada on medium flame for 4-6 minutes per side.
- Fry Dal Vada till golden brown and crispy.
- Once cooked, transfer the Dal Vada to an absorbent plate to soak up excess oil.
- Repeat this step until all the vada’s are fried.
- Crispy Dal Vada is ready!
- While grinding, do not add water to the dal.
- No form of moisture should be added to the dal vada’s.
- The combined dal mixture should feel moist and not sticky.
Eat Healthy, Stay Healthy!!
Don’t forget to like and share.