Modak is a dessert which is prepared by Hindus on the festival of holy Ganesh Chaturthi in the worship of Lord Ganesh. The festival of Ganesh Chaturthi is incomplete without any flavour of Modak because Lord Ganesh loves Modak. People usually make it for Puja and serve as Prasad after completing rituals. You can easily prepare this tasty Ukadiche (steam) Modak in minutes at home.
It is very quick and delicious dessert recipe which is loved by an elder to kids. This recipe can be served in Ganesh festival celebration. Modak recipe has basically many variations within it. Mawa(khoya) modak, Biscuits modak, Motichur modak and churma laddu modak. It has ingredients which are high in nutrition.
Please do try this recipe, it is a true art to make this dish & you will enjoy making it & you will have an amazing experience eating it, sharing with family & friends.
Preparation Time: 10 mins
Make Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 10 mins
Type: Dessert / Snacks
Serve: 10-11 Modak
- 2 tsp Clarified Butter
- 1 cup Fresh Coconut (grated)
- 1/2 cup Jaggery
- 1/4 tsp Nutmeg Powder
- 1/4 tsp Cardamom Powder
- 1/2 cup Milk
- 1/2 cup Water
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Clarified Butter
- 1 cup Rice Flour
Method of Preparation:
How to make Stuffing:
- Heat a pan and 2 tbsp Clarified Butter.
- Add 1 cup grated Fresh Coconut. Saute it for a minute.
- Add 1/2 cup Jaggery. Stir well on low flame till Jaggery melts completely.
- Once Jaggery melts add 1/4 tsp Nutmeg Powder and 1/ 4 tsp Cardamom Powder.
- Mix well and switch off the flame. Let the mixture cool.
- Stuffing is ready to use.
How to make Covering:
- In pan heat 1/2 cup Milk and 1/2 cup Water.
- Add 1/4 tsp salt and 1 tsp Clarified Butter.
- Mix well and let it boil.
- Now add 1 cup Rice Flour. Stir quickly and mix everything up well.
- Cover and cook it for 2 mins on low flame.
- Switch off the flame and again cover it for another 2 minutes.
How to make Modak:
- Transfer the flour mixture into large mixing bowl or plate and knead the dough.
- Sprinkle some water if required and apply some clarified butter to make soft & smooth dough.
- Grease mould with Clarified Butter.
- Take small portion of dough ; put in mould and press gently.
- Close the mould and scrape the excess portion.
- Now add 1 tbsp stuffing and seal well.
- Open the mould carefully. Similarly make all the Modaks.
- Modak are ready to steam!
How to steam the Modak:
- Heat steamer with Water.
- Place Modak in steamer. Let the Modak steam for 10-15 mins and they are ready.
- Our Modak are ready to serve. Enjoy!
These Modak, can last long for 3-5 days easily if stored in refrigerator and microwave it for 20-30 seconds before serving it.
Eat Healthy, Stay Healthy!!
Don’t forget to like and share.