Tambul means Mouth Freshener!
From olden days Tambul has its own importance. In Maharashtra, Vidarbha region Tambul is offered to Goddess ‘Renuka Mata’ at Mahur. During the festival of Gauri-Ganpati this recipe is prepared as Prasad.
Generally, eating Paan after heavy meal of any festival is a part of a tradition. In our house, my mom and aunt makes very good Paan for everybody and this time I tried to make Tambul using same ingredients.
Tambul is one of the variety recipes we prepare in our home. We can store Tambul in fridge for about 15 days and eat after every meal. It has good Digestion properties and chewed as a palate cleanser and a breath freshener.
Preparation Time: 10 mins
Type: Mouth Freshener
Serve: 1 Cup
- 14-15 Betel Leaf
- 1 Areca nut
- 4 Cloves
- 4 Cardamom Pods
- Catechu (Small piece)
- 1/4 tsp Lime
- 1 tbsp Liquorice Powder
- 1 tbsp Fennel masala betel nuts
- 1 tbsp Fennel Seeds
- 1 tbsp Rose Petal jams
Method of Preparation:
- Wash & dry Betel leaves and remove stem of each leaf.
- Cut leaves in small pieces and add in grinder.
- Add crushed Areca nuts, Cloves, Cardamom Pods, Catechu (Kath) and Lime.
- Then grind all together to make coarse paste.
- Remove grinded paste into the mixing bowl.
- Add Liquorice Powder, Fennel masala betel nuts, Rose Petal jams and Fennel Seeds.
- Mix everything up well.
- Our Tambul (Mouth Freshener) is ready!
- You can store it in a fridge for about 15 days.
watch the video for recipe:
Eat Healthy, Stay Healthy!!
Don’t forget to like and share.