A simple Salad today…!!!
Grated Beetroot, spiced up with a Mustard & Cumin seeds and Chilli tadka. Served as is or mixed in with Curd or Lemon Juice. It makes for a pretty and delicious side with any meal. You can add other crunchy veggies like Carrot, Radish and more.
Beetroot Koshimbir (salad/raita) is a healthy, refreshing salad/side dish. The goodness of Beetroot combined with Curd makes this salad a guilt free nourishing snack too. Quick and easy, the recipe can be easily adapted to suit your taste.
This Beetroot Salad is tempered with Indian spices. It is called Koshimbir.
Eat it just like that or I recommend getting warm bread like chapati!
Preparation Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 5 mins
Serve: 1 Bowl
- 1 cup Grated Beetroot (raw)
- 3 tbsp Curd
- 1 tbsp Red Chilli Powder
- Salt to Taste
- 1 tsp Sugar
- Chopped Coriander
- 1 tbsp Oil
- 1/2 tsp Mustard Seeds
- 1/2 tsp Cumin Seeds
- 1 Green Chilli
- Pinch of Asafoetida
- Curry Leaves
Method of Preparation:
- In large mixing bowl; add Curd, Red Chilli Powder, Salt and Sugar.
- Mix everything up well.
- Add Grated Beetroot and mix it well.
- Heat the Oil in pan
- Add Mustard Seeds & Cumin Seeds
- Let the Mustard Seeds & Cumin Seeds start to pop and then add Curry Leaves, Asafoetida and Green Chilli.
- Cook for half a minute, stir the chilli so it cooks on all sides.
- When they are done, pour it over the Beetroot Salad.
- Mix well. Top with Coriander Leaves and Coconut.
- Beetroot Salad is ready to serve.
- If you don’t like raw Beetroot, then add grated Beetroot in tempering pan and cook it for few minutes.
- You can also use boiled Beetroot and then grate it or can finely chop it.
- You can also use Lemon Juice instead of Curd.
- You can also skip the Tempering step.
Eat Healthy, Stay Healthy!!
Don’t forget to like and share.