Learn how to make Falafel. Add an international feel to your party Falafel with hummus. Falafel makes a great snack when paired with hummus for dipping. Falafel is a deep-fried ball or patty made from ground chickpeas. Falafel is a traditional Middle Eastern food. Apart from serving these as a snack with Hummus and Tahini Sauce, you can also stuff them in a pita bread, which acts as a pocket, or wrapped in a flatbread known as taboon; “falafel” also frequently refers to a wrapped sandwich.
Preparation Time: 30 Minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Serve: 10-12 Patties
- 1 cup soaked Chickpeas
- 1 Chopped Onion
- 6-8 Garlic Cloves
- 1 cup Coriander Leaves
- 1 tbsp Sesame Seeds (optional)
- 1 tsp Coriander Powder
- 1 tsp Cumin Powder
- 1 tsp Red Chilli Powder
- 1/2 tsp Black Pepper Powder
- Salt to taste
- 1 tbsp Lemon Juice
- 1/2 cup Gram Flour (Besan)
- Pinch of Baking Soda
- Oil for frying
Method of Preparation:
- In blender, add soaked Chickpeas, chopped Onion, Garlic Cloves Coriander Leaves, Sesame Seeds, Coriander Powder, Cumin Powder, Red Chilli Powder, Black Pepper Powder, Salt to taste and Lemon Juice.
- Grind it coarsely. Make sure do not add water in it.
- Now put the mixture in bowl.
- To bind add 1/2 cup Gram Flour and pinch of Baking Soda.
- Mix the mixture properly.
- To set the mixture keeps it in refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes take the mixture out.
- Grease the palms with some oil to make Falafel.
- Shape the mixture into a Ball or Pattie.
- Heat oil on a medium flame and fry them till golden brown.
- Once it is fried, take it out on strainer.
- Falafel is ready to serve with Hummus.
Enjoy Falafel with Hummus, Tahini Sauce, you can also stuff them in a pita bread, which acts as a pocket, or wrapped in a flatbread known as taboon; “Falafel” also frequently refers to a wrapped sandwich.
Watch Video for Indian style Falafel recipe
Eat Healthy, Stay Healthy!!
Don’t forget to like and share