Hummus is a dip, spread, or savoury dish made from cooked, mashed chickpeas blended with tahini (roasted sesame seeds paste by adding some Olive Oil) lemon juice, curd and garlic. It is popular in the Middle East and in Middle Eastern cuisine around the globe.
This homemade hummus recipe is quick and easy to make, super-smooth and creamy, and tastes so fresh and flavourful!
Preparation Time: 15 Minutes
Serve: 6-8 People
Type: Sauce / Spread
Origin: Middle East
- 1 cup soaked and boiled Chickpeas
- 1/2 cup Roasted Sesame seeds
- 1/2 cup Olive Oil
- 3-4 garlic pods
- Salt to taste
- 1 tbsp Lemon juice
- 2 tbsp Curd
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Red Chilli Powder (or Paprika)
- Fresh coriander springs
- A few boiled chickpeas
Method of Preparation:
- Let’s add soaked and boiled Chickpeas in blender.
- Add Roasted Sesame seeds, Olive Oil, Garlic Pods, Lemon Juice, Curd and Salt.
- Now blend it in very fine paste.
- If you needed little more liquidly add some extra Olive Oil (make sure no adding water in it).
- When it is done transfer into it in Bowl.
- Add some extra amount of Olive Oil so it does not form a film and refrigerate it for an hour.
- At the time of Serving put Hummus into a plate.
- Create cavity and put Olive Oil in it
- Now Garnish with some Chickpeas and Red Chilli Powder Coriander Leaves (You can use Paprika here)
Serve Chilled with Falafel Chips,Lavash.
Eat Healthy, Stay Healthy!!
Don’t forget to like and share.