Learn how to make Palak Soup (Spinach Soup) Recipe. The nutty flavor and rustic aroma of spinach are the highlights of this cream of spinach soup, which is popular in most Indian restaurants. Made with very few ingredients, the Restaurant style cream of spinach soup is also easy to prepare. Onion gives cream of Palak soup a wonderful flavor, while fresh cream gives it a rich mouth-feel. Since spinach cooks fast, it also takes very little time to prepare this delicious cream of spinach soup that is loved by all because of its vibrant color and creamy texture.
Give it try and I would love to hear your experience in the comment box.
Preparation Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 10 Minutes
Serve: 4 People
- 1 cup Spinach
- 1/2 cup Chopped Onion
- 1 tbsp Roasted Wheat Flour
- 1 cup Milk
- 2 tbsp Fresh Cream
- 1 tbsp Butter
- 4-5 Mint Leaves
- 1 Bay Leaf
- 1 Green Chilli
- 1/2 inch Ginger
- 1 tsp Sugar
- 1/2 tsp Black Pepper Powder
- Salt to Taste
- Water as required
Method of Preparation:
- Heat the vessel, add water and let it boil.
- Blanch Spinach and Green Chilli in boiling water for 2 minutes.
- Dip into Ice Cold water immediately.
- In blender, add Spinach, Green Chilli, Mint Leaves and Ginger.
- Blend into smooth fine paste.
- Now heat the Pan, add 1tbsp Butter.
- Add Chopped Onion. Saute it for few minutes.
- Add Roasted Wheat Flour; saute it until sandy texture is achieved.
- Now add Milk, whisk continuously to avoid lumps.
- Add Salt, Black Pepper Powder, Sugar and Bay Leaf. Mix it well.
- Cook well until sauce thickens.
- Let’s add Spinach Puree and whisk together.
- Cook it for another 2-3 minutes.
- Add fresh Cream and mix well.
- Spinach Soup is ready to serve.
- Serve Spinach Soup in bowl and top with Fresh Cream.
- Enjoy the piping hot Spinach Soup.
Eat Healthy, Stay Healthy!!
Don’t forget to like and share.