Sabudana vada is a well known fried snack and most favored recipe by people who go on fasting (vrat/ upvas) on auspicious days like Ekadashi, Maha Shivratri, Sankashti Chaturthi or during Navratri. Let’s try to make these vade healthier by avoiding frying. Appe tastes the same as sabudana vade. You can call these as non-fried sabudana vade.
It gets cooked very quickly and requires very less amount of oil. Hence it is a good option for those who are looking for guilt-free and vegan options for fast.
You can make this recipe for breakfast or evening snack.
If you are making it on non-fasting days as an evening snack or to pack in the lunch or snack box to office, you can use chopped onion and garlic, as it will enhance the taste and flavor.
Give it try and enjoy the sabudana appe.
Preparation Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 15 mins
Serve: 12- 14 appe
- 1 cup Sabudana / Sago (Soaked)
- 3 tbsp Groundnut powder (Roasted)
- 1 boiled Potato (Mashed)
- 1 tbsp Bhagar Pith / Samo seeds flour
- 2-3 Green Chilli paste
- 1/2 tsp Cumin seeds
- Salt to taste
- A pinch of Baking soda
- 1/4 tsp Sugar (Optional)
- Coriander leaves (Finely chopped)
Method of Preparation:
- Let’s start with the procedure.
- Take sabudana in a large mixing bowl and mash it well.
- Add groundnut powder, potato, samo seeds flour (bhagar pith), green chili paste, cumin seeds, salt to taste, baking soda, sugar and coriander leaves.
- Mix all ingredients well and knead it into a dough. (Don’t need to add water. If soaked sabudana is a bit dry, add about a teaspoon of water).
- Grease the Appam Patra with oil and also add few drops of oil in each mold.
- Heat Appam Patra on medium flame.
- Roll the dough into a small round ball. Put one ball of dough in each mold.
- Cook until it becomes golden color & crispy for about 3-4 minutes.
- Flip over and if required add some more oil to each mold.
- Cook from another side until it gets deep golden color for about 3-4 minutes.
- Keep on rotating until each Appam gets cook nicely from all sides.
- Once done take the Appe out on a kitchen towel.
- Our Appes / Appams are ready to serve.
- Serve Appe with coconut groundnut chutney or Curd.
Watch the video for recipe
Eat Healthy, Stay Healthy!!
Don’t forget to like and share