Curry leaves are an often used ingredient in Indian cooking. Curry leaves are used extensively in Maharashtra. Curry leaves impart a wonderful aroma when they hit the oil and any seasoning that you make comes to life with these little leaves.
Preparation Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 15 mins
Yield: 1 Cup
- 4-5 cups Curry leaves
- 2 tbsp Urad (White lentil) dal (black gram)
- 2 tbsp Chana (Chickpea) dal
- 15-20 Garlic cloves
- 1 tbsp Tamarind (1 small ball about the size of a lime)
- 1 tbsp Cumin seeds
- 1 tbsp Red Chilli Powder
- Oil- 2 tbsp
- Salt- to taste
Method of Preparation:
- Heat the Pan and add 1 tbsp oil.
- Add 2 tbsp Chana dal start roasting for few seconds.
- After that add 2 tbsp Urad dal and roast them till golden brown on a medium flame taking care not to burn them.
- Add 1 tbsp Cumin Seeds, roast for few seconds and then add garlic cloves .
- Keep the mixture aside.
- Now add Curry leaves in same pan and roast for 10 seconds.
- Add 1 tbsp oil in the curry leaves and fry on medium heat till crispy. Remember, you do not want to lose that beautiful green. Keep aside.
- Add the dal mixture in Jar, grind it fine.
- After that add crispy Curry Leaves in Jar, add red chilli powder, tamarind and salt to taste.
- Again grind it 2-3 times fine paste.
- Our Curry Leaves Dry Chutney is ready to serve.
You can store it at least 1 month. This recipe taste delicious with idli, dosa or even rice and chapatti.
Eat Healthy, Stay Healthy!!
Don’t forget to like and share.