Momos are originating from Tibet. It is a popular street food in the country, largely in North-India. These popular street dumplings stand as the most favourite food for kids today as well all age groups like You & Me. This can be prepared with different varieties of stuffing like Paneer, Cheese, Chicken, Mutton. Since the kids love the dish so much, it is always great to make it at home. These dumplings are packed with healthy vegetables.
Momos are made of a plain flour cover filled with sautéed veggies. Traditionally, Momos were steamed in bamboo baskets but you can also cook them in a regular steamer, the way you make dhoklas or Idlis .
Preparation Time: 20 Mins
Rest Time: 10 Mins
Cook Time: 20 Mins
Serve: 10-12 Momos
- 2 cups Maida (all purpose flour)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp oil
- water as required
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 tsp garlic-garlic, chopped
- 2 green chillies, chopped
- 1/2 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup carrots, grated
- 1/2 cup cabbage, grated
- 1/2 cup capsicum, finely chopped
- 1 tsp soya sauce
- 1 tsp schezwan sauce
- 1/4 tsp vinegar
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- salt to taste
Method of Preparation:
How to prepare Dough:
- In a large mixing bowl, add Maida, salt and 1tsp oil.
- Knead to a stiff dough with water.
- Cover a dough with lid and keep aside for 10 mins.
How to prepare stuffing:
- Heat the pan and add oil.
- Add ginger-garlic, green chillies. Saute it on medium flame for few minutes.
- Now add onion, carrot, capsicum, cabbage and salt. Mix it well and cook on medium flame for another 2-3 mins, while stirring occasionally.
- Then add soya sauce, schezwan sauce, vinegar and black pepper. Mix it well and switch off the flame. Keep aside.
How to prepare Momos:
- Take a prepared dough, divide into 10-12 equal portions.
- Roll the dough into thin small disc shape using little plain flour.
- Now add 1 tbsp of prepared stuffing in the centre of small disc.
- Bring all the edges together to cover the filling and wrap it like modaks.
- Steam momos in greased steamer for about 10 minutes or till they are cooked.
- Serve immediately with soya sauce and chilli sauce.
Eat Healthy, Stay Healthy!!
Don’t forget to like and share