Kala Jamun / Mawa Bati is a rich mithai which is made by stuffing Mawa based dough with a mixture of nuts or dry fruits. This recipe can be prepared in any occasion to enhance the sweetness of that occasion.
I have made this recipe for my brother’s birthday. So I am very excited to share this rich Kala Jamun/ Mawa Bati recipe with you all.
Try this sweet recipe……
Preparation Time: 1 Hour
Cook Time: 1 Hour
Serves: 12 Pieces
Type: Sweet/ Dessert
For Sugar Syrup:
- 2 cup Sugar
- 1 & 1/2 cup Water
- 1/4 tsp Cardamom powder / Elaichi powder
- 1 tsp lemon juice
For Mawa Bati/ Kala Jamun:
- 1/4 cup Maida (all purpose flour)
- 1 tbsp Rava (semolina)
- 1 tbsp Curd
- Pinch of baking soda
- 1 cup milk powder
- 1 tbsp Condense milk
- 1 tsp Clarified butter (Ghee)
- 1 tbsp Corn flour.
- 1/4 cup milk, warm
- Oil / ghee for deep frying
- 4-5 crushed Almonds
- 4-5 crushed Cashew nuts
- Chiranji Dane / Sakaria (White sugar crystal)
- Saffron Water
- Food Colour ( Red or Orange)
- 1/4 cup powdered Sugar, to roll
- 2 tbsp Desiccated Coconut, to roll
Method of Preparation:
How to make Sugar Syrup:
- In a large vessel, take 2 cup sugar and 1 & 1/2 cup water.
- Stir well till the sugar dissolves completely and boil it on low flame, till the sugar syrup turns sticky.
- Add 1/4 tsp cardamom powder and 1 tsp lemon juice. Stir well and switch off the flame.
- The sugar syrup is ready. Keep aside and cover it with lid.
How to make Mawa Bati:
- Let’s prepare the Kala Jamun / Mawa Bati
- In large mixing bowl add 1 cup milk powder, 1/4 cup Maida, 1 tsp Rava, pinch of baking soda, 1 tbsp Condense milk, 1 tsp Clarified butter (Ghee) and 1 tbsp Corn flour.
- Mix well by making sure everything is combined well.
- Now add 1 tbsp curd, 1/4 cup milk in batches and make soft dough.
- Rest dough for 15 mins.
How to make stuffing:
- Take small portion of prepared dough.
- Add Almonds, Cashew nuts, saffron water and food color. Combine dough and make small balls by adding Chiranji Dane / sakaria.
- Grease both hands with some Ghee and take small ball size dough, flatten it.
- Now cover & sealed stuffed colored ball without any cracks with flattened dough else Jamun will break while frying.
- Deep fry in medium hot Oil / Ghee.
- Stir continuously by making sure that the Jamun gets cooked from all sides.
- Fry it on low flame till you get black Jamun.
- Then drain over kitchen paper to absorb extra oil.
- Now transfer the fried Kala Jamun into prepared sugar syrup. (make sure the syrup is hot, else heat it up)
- Cover it and rest for 1 hour or till the Jamun absorb sugar syrup well.
- After 1 hour, drain off the Kala Jamun from sugar syrup and roll in powdered sugar and desiccated coconut.
- Finally Kala Jamun / Mawa Bati is ready to serve.
- Adding lemon juice in sugar syrup prevents sugar syrup from crystallizing when its cool down.
- You can use Gulab Jamun ready made Mix MTR instead of Maida, Rava, Curd and baking Soda
- You can store Kala Jamun/ Mawa Bati in refrigerator for a week.
Eat Healthy, Stay Healthy!!
Don’t forget to like and share.