We all love to eat desserts; whether baked, frozen or cooked – even very simple ones like pudding, they round off a meal so beautifully.
If you have someone dropping in at short notice, this kheer is a good recipe to try.
Shevai / Vermicelli is actually prepared by using whole wheat flour or Maida (all purpose flour), extruded and then dried. Traditionally it is dried in the sun. Honestly, I am not very sure how nutritious vermicelli is unless it is made from whole wheat.
The sun dried Shevai / Vermicelli is made by my elder sister at home (handmade). She has learnt making sun dried Shevai from my mother. Today I am very excited to share a very delicious recipe from my native i.e. Shevai Kheer/ Pheni (Pheni : Thin silky Fried Shevai)
Preparation Time: 5 mins
Cook Time: 20 mins
Serve: 4 People
Type: Dessert / Sweet
Difficulty Level: Easy
- 2 tbsp Ghee
- 1 Cup Vermicelli (big cup)
- Raisins, Dry Fruits
- 1 Litre Milk
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 1 tsp Cardamom Powder
Method of Preparation: –
- Heat a pan and add some ghee.
- Add the vermicelli and roast it well.
- Then add raisins and dry fruits. Mix everything well.
- Add milk and again mix well.
- Let the milk boil completely.
- Then add sugar. Keep stirring.
- Add cardamom powder and keep stirring.
- Let the kheer boil till it becomes little thick.
- Garnish it with dry fruits & serve.
Remember that kheer tends to thicken as it cools, so if you don’t want very thick kheer, don’t thicken it too much. If it does thicken though, do add in some milk.
Eat Healthy, Stay Healthy!!
Don’t forget to like and share.