Healthy appetiser recipe, prepared with spinach and cheese cubes. Appetisers can be eaten during cocktail hour or can be served as the only meal in casual parties.
Generally small kids don’t like spinach due to its taste, but this recipe can really play as taste changer to your kids and spinach haters.
Preparation Time: 10 mins
Cooking Time: 20 mins
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 5-6 garlic cloves
- 1 inch ginger
- 1-2 green chillies.
- 2 cup chopped spinach,
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- 2 tbsp corn flour
- Salt to taste.
- 6 cheese cubes.
- Oil for deep fry.
If bread crumbs and corn flour is not available you can use rice flour.
Method of Preparation:
- Heat 2 tbsp oil in pan.
- Add cumin seeds, 5-6 garlic cloves, 1 inch ginger and 1-2 green chillies.
- Add 2 cup chopped spinach and sauté till the spinach shrinks.
- Let the mixture get cool down and then transfer it to the blender.
- Blend it into smooth paste and add water as required.
- Transfer the paste into mixing bowl, add in 1/2 cup bread crumbs, 2 tbsp corn flour and salt to taste.
- Make firm dough.
- Apply some oil on palm and take small ball size dough flatten by pressing gently.
- Place a small cheese cube and get the edges together.
- Make a ball without any cracks.
- Fry prepared spinach cheese balls in hot oil on high to low flame.
- Take it out on a serving plate once they slightly start changing colour
- Spinach Cheese Balls are ready to serve with tomato sauce
Eat Healthy, Stay Healthy!!
Don’t forget to like and share.