Drumstick Masala is a delicious gravy recipe. You can pair this side dish with steamed rice or parathas. Drumsticks are known to have medicinal properties and can cure many ailments. Try this easy and OIL FREE recipe.
Preparation time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 20 mins
Type: main course
- 4-5 Drumsticks (cut into finger length)
- 2 Onions (roughly chopped)
- 2 Tomatoes (roughly chopped)
- 2 Green Chillies, 3-4 garlic cloves, 1 inch ginger
- 1/2 cup roasted Ground nuts, 1 piece of dry coconut (or grated dry coconut- 2 tbsp)
- 1 tsp mustard seeds, 1 tsp cumin seeds, 1 tsp red chilli powder, pinch of turmeric powder, 1 tsp coriander powder,1 tsp garam masala, salt to taste and water as required
- OIL not required.(OIL FREE recipe)
- Heat the pan.
- Add roughly chopped onion, piece of dry coconut ( or coconut powder), garlic cloves, ginger, Green chillies roughly chopped tomatoes and roast them for 5 mins.
- Now add mustard seeds, cumin seeds and again roast for minute
- Take out the mixture in plate and let them cool.
- Transfer the mixture in Jar and grind it into fine paste.
Method of Preparation:
- Lightly scrape off the drumstick to remove the thin layer of skin.
- Rinse them under running water. Cut into finger length.
- Add water and drumsticks in vessel. Let them boil on low flame until soft.
- Now add the masala which we have prepared in boiled drumsticks.
- Cook for 5 mins.
- Garnish with finely chopped coriander leaves.
- Drumsticks Masala is ready to serve.
Eat Healthy, Stay Healthy!!
Don’t forget to like and share.