One of my close friend requested me to share cake recipe as he wanted to bake it for a very special occasion of his Dad’s birthday. I am sharing with you all the Cake which I have baked with Hide & seek biscuits and Rava in Idli Maker. It is very easy and simple recipe.
Preparation Time: 10 mins
Bake time: 30-40 mins
Serve: 8 Pieces
- 2 cup Semolina (Rava)
- 1 cup Powdered Sugar
- 1 Pack of Hide and Seek biscuits (10- 12 Biscuits)
- 1 cup Curd/ Yogurt
- 3/4 cup Oil
- 1 cup Milk ( adjust consistency)
- 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Cardamom powder
- In Idli maker, add salt spread it out evenly.
- Place a stand in it. Close the lid without any gasket.
- And heat it up on medium- high flame for 10 mins.
Method of preparation:
- Take biscuits in mixer jar and grind it fine powder.
- In large mixing bowl, add Semolina, biscuit powder, fresh curd, oil, cardamom powder and mix it well.
- Now start adding milk to it to prepare a smooth batter and rest it for 10 mins.
- Meanwhile keep the Idli Maker for preheating for 10 mins on medium-high flame.
- Add Salt, Baking powder and Baking soda to the batter and whisk it well.
- Grease the vessel (baking tin) with oil and pour batter into it.
- Bake it in a preheated Idli Maker for 30- 40 mins on low flame or until knife inserted comes out clean.
- Once cake is baked, take it out from the Idli Maker and allow it to cool completely.
- Finally, cut the cake and serve it.
- Ensure you give 10 minutes of resting time when you mix semolina with wet ingredients.
- Use fresh curd only else your recipe will get spoiled.
Eat Healthy, Stay Healthy!!
Don’t forget to like and share.