Pav Bhaji is Street Food from Mumbai and it’s available all over India. It is a popular spicy vegetarian street food loved by all! It’s also made and cooked with different ingredients but I like the simple one. Try this easy and tasty recipe at home!
Preparation Time: 15 mins
Cooking Time: 40 mins
Type: Street Food
- 1 cup of Green Peas
- 2 fine chopped Onions.
- 2 boiled Potatoes.
- 1 fine chopped Carrot.
- 2 Medium size fine chopped Tomatoes.
- 1 fine chopped Capsicum.
- 1 cup of Cauliflower and 1 cup of fine chopped Cabbage.
- Ginger garlic paste, Cumin seeds. Red chilli powder, Turmeric power, Garam masala, Pav Bhaji masala, 2 tbsp Oil, Butter, Lemon juice, Salt to taste and Water as required. (Coriander for garnishing).
Method of Preparation:
- Boil veggies in vessel (green peas, carrots, cauliflower and cabbage) for 20 minutes.
- Once veggies get boiled completely, take out veggies in bowl.
- Add boiled Potatoes and mash the veggies with a masher.
- Heat the pan, add 2 tbsp oil and butter in it.
- Now add cumin seeds, chopped Onions, ginger garlic paste, 4 tsp red chili powder, pinch of turmeric powder, 1 tsp garam masala, 1 tsp Pav Bhaji masala.
- Mix it all together and let them cook for 2 mins on a medium flame.
- Add fine chopped capsicum and tomatoes. Saute until turn soft.
- After that add all the boiled veggies, 1 tsp of lemon juice and mix it well.
- Add water as required, butter and salt to taste.
- Cover with a lid and let them cook nicely for 10 mins. Keep stirring in between.
- Add chopped coriander leaves and mix well. Bhaji is ready for serving.
Preparation of Pav:
- Cut the Pav buns horizontally into halves.
- Heat Pan over medium flame. Add a tbsp of butter and place halved Pav buns over it.
- Shallow fry both sides until light brown and transfer to the plate.
Transfer prepared Bhaji to a serving bowl and garnish with a cube of butter. Serve hot with butter roasted Pav, sliced onion and lemon wedges.
Eat Healthy, Stay Healthy!!
Don’t forget to like and share.